Are you honest?
Most of us would probably answer that we are. Often, we mean that we don’t do overtly or tangibly dishonest things, such as robbing banks, cheating on our spouse, and so forth. Of course it is important to assess our honesty in these matters. In this video, the discussion about honesty is more intimate and rigorous.
What is emotional honesty? Are you honest about your emotions? Do you let others know what is happening inside you, and how their actions affect you? Do you procrastinate fulfilling your commitments? Do you feel entitled to have things a certain way? When you are angry or sad, do you bottle it up? Are you willing to tell Aunt Edna that you really don’t like her dress, when she asks your opinion? Emotional honesty strikes at the root of our shame and faulty core beliefs. When we are rigorously emotionally honest, we cannot engage in fudging or white lies. There is no room for laziness or half-truths.
100% honesty requires humility, intensity, desire, and purpose. Emotional honesty can seem overwhelming and even impossible to achieve, and it is attainable. When we are honest, we are absolutely free of shame’s shackles, fear’s oppression, and distortion’s despair. Honesty is not just a duty or a rule; when we undertake to increase in honesty, out of our respect for ourselves, we reap unparalleled peace and joy. We can be rid of all the shame and distortion that’s been making us unhappy all of our lives.
This course includes:
- 8 video segments:
- What is Honest? (8:06)
- Detailed & Rigorous Honesty (3:47 LDS / 3:02 Non-Denominational)
- 100% Honesty (6:09 LDS / 1:33 Non-Denominational)
- Desensitized & Normalized (6:40)
- Emotional Honesty in Detail (3:44)
- Characteristics of Emotional Honesty (3:35)
- Characteristics of Emotional Dishonesty (4:14)
- Honesty vs Shame (10:17)
- Total video run-time: 40+ minutes
- Written homework activities
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Where fear comes from where it begins
- How shame drives irrational fears
- The difference between rational and irrational fears
- Tangible vs Intangible fears
- Why we each have unique fears i.e. how meaning determines fears
- The symptoms and cycle of shame-based fear
- Questions and strategies to identify core fears and find your shame
- Tools and activities to assess and improve your emotional honesty so you can live in peace!