Denial is a powerful concept. It allows us to perceive reality in distorted ways that are more comfortable at the moment, but ultimately painful and self-destructive if not corrected.
This course includes:
- 5 video segments:
- Introduction to Denial and “Truth vs True”
- Denial as a Holding Tank
- The Negative Effects of Denial
- Denial as a Protective Mechanism
- Breaking Through Denial
- Forgiveness & Letting Go of Scars
- Brain, Body, Denial, Truth
- The Power of Living in Reality: Examples
- Total video run-time: approx. 55 minutes (LDS), 45 minutes (Non-Denominational)
- Written homework activities
This course examines denial and discusses the following topics:
- What is denial?
- Why do we use denial?
- How denial is helpful in some circumstances
- When & where not to use denial
- How denial is used in addictive behavior and how it keeps addiction alive
- Symptoms of denial (emotional & physical)
- How to forgive self & others after you have used denial and hurt self & others