This lecture strikes at the heart of all self-destructive behaviors. This series powerfully demonstrates the importance of consciously making decisions. Jodi explains that all people have choice and that everybody can change their self-destructive choices.
This course includes:
- 7 video segments:
- How Choice Works: General Information & Examples
- Why Choosing Rightly is Important
- Consequences: Inevitable
- Cycles of Choice & Accountability
- Choice, Guilt, & Shame
- A Framework for Making Choices
- The Power of our Choices
- Total video run-time: approx. 45 minutes (LDS version), 40 minutes (Non-Denominational version)
- Written homework activities
This course discusses the following topics:
- Why is it important to choose?
- Why is choice such an important concept?
- How can I recognize consequences after I choose?
- How choice (agency) connects to consequences / outcomes
- Cycle of choice: how this creates power in my life & how I lose power
- How choice can lead to guilt (remorse) or to shame(“I’m bad”). These results are outcomes of your choices.
- Becoming clear about our choices & why we choose the way we do
- Choice is power. Choice can heal traumas from the past and present.