Addiction follows a cyclical pattern. This cycle is driven by shame and results in ever-increasing shame and self-loathing. This series of videos describes the patterns & drivers of addiction, and provides a framework for thinking about how to help loved ones with addictions.
This series centers around what drives addiction, and conversely, what motivates people to change. These crucially important topics must be understood in order to help oneself and loved ones become free from addiction.
This course includes:
- 7 video segments:
- What is Addiction?
- Addiction is a False Solution
- The Core Problem
- Emotional Honesty
- Addictive System
- Three Keys to Healing Addiction
- Choice: the Fourth Key
- Total video run-time: approx. 20 minutes
- Written homework activities
This course discusses the following topics:
Part 1: What is addiction? What can you be addicted to? Why do we become addicted?
- Why is addiction so difficult to stop or change?
- What motivates a person to change?
- Why is lying connected to addiction?
- Why is addiction such a problem?
- The great need for emotional honesty in any addiction
- What is emotional honesty?
- Consequences of emotional dishonesty
- Details about the addictive system
- Faulty Core Beliefs
- Distorted Reality
- Addictive Cycle
- Pain & Shame
- How to heal addictive behavior
- What is “addictive thinking”?
- The power of choice: Escape from addictive thinking